Greetings,
I'm an idiot. Ok now that we've gotten through the first problem perhaps helping with the second will start to remedy the first.

I'm not terrably familiar with crystal syntax and I am trying to create a formula that will total two amounts with two seperate descriptions for each. Basically people that pay on amount over that which is due create a seperate line in the database called 'overpayment'. I need to get 'Overpayment' to subtotal with the 'Interest Item- Interest' amount and for the report to only display a total interest amount. Currently the way around this is to simply change the name to display Interest rather than Overpayment.
//if {PaymentItem.description} = 'Overpayment' then 'Interest' else {PaymentItem.description}
I'm not terribly happy as this shows two interest amounts on my report. So I'm guessing something like the following which needs a bit of help.
if {PaymentItem.description} = 'Overpayment' and if {PaymentItem.description}='Interest Item - Interest'
then (I want to add the {PaymentItem.amount}'s for items with these two descriptions.) and (i would like the {PaymentItem.description}= 'Interest' for the new total)
else (I want to leave everything as is due to the fact that not all payments will be overpayments.)
Is this even feasible or trying to have my cake and eat it to?
Edited by JCway - 10 Nov 2010 at 7:26am