Hi there,
Just hoping someone can assist.
I have a field with a bunch of numbers, lets say they range from from zero to one thousand.
What I am wanting to do is allocate a rating based on its relative percentage.
So it would work something like this, if the number falls into the 0% to 10% category then 1. If 11% to 20% then 2 - all the way up to 100%
So i suppose there are two steps, first determine which numbers fall into the appropriate percentage category. Then based on that allocate the rating.
The key thing is that I want the code to allocate the rating number based on the relative percentage. I did try using the PthPercentile function in the format below, but that didn't work.
If {SCIGS.Sector} = "Telecom" and
PthPercentile(10, {#SCIGS.ROE}) then 1
Else If
PthPercentile(20, {#SCIGS.ROE}) then 2
I'm not sure whether I sould create a running total and then try and get the percentage off that or use a formula? then maybe I'm not using the appropriate function?
Thanks in advance.
KR