Joined: 04 Nov 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: Multiple transactions in one column Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 5:07am
I am pretty new to crystal 10 and I am trying to create a report that pulls transactions from multiple tables. I have a master product table that holds the record of each product in my database. I also have several other tables each holding specific transaction information (i.e. one table for receipts, one table for sales, one table for transfers, one table for physical inventories, etc.) that links to that product. Ultimately I want my report to look like the following:
Cola 20oz Transaction Type Trans. ID. Date Qty
Receipts 0000001 11/1/10 5 Receipts 0000002 11/2/10 5 Sales 0000003 11/3/10 -3 Sales 0000005 11/3/10 -2 Transfers 0000004 11/2/10 -1 Transfer Out Transfers 0000006 11/4/10 1 Transfer In Inventories 1234567 11/5/10 5 Totals 5
Diet Cola
Receipts 0000010 11/1/10 10
Receipts 0000011 11/2/10 10
Sales 0000012 11/3/10 -6
Sales 0000015 11/3/10 -4
Transfers 0000014 11/2/10 -1 Transfer Out
Transfers 0000016 11/4/10 1 Transfer In
Inventories 2345678 11/5/10 10
Totals 10
I know this is probably going to be more than someone can explain in a forum but if you could point me in the right direction I am happy looking through help files and such to figure it out I just don't know where to start looking since I have not done anything as complex as this in Crystal. Or maybe it's simple and I just can't figure it out!
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 11:15am
it looks like they are just coming from different tables.
What I would try is to create multiple detail sections, and in each band only place the values from the table that you want. It also will allow you to hard code the TransactionType.
I am assumming that there is a grouping based on the product.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum