Topic: Formula to show the field based on the latest date Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 7:41am
Hello:
I would appreciate any help with the following issue:
The goal of my report is to classify each customer as Cash, Credit Card or Invoice customer. One customer can have many orders. Depending on the method of pmt of the last order classification is determined (Cash, Credit Card or Invoice customer). I have grouping by CUSTOMER_ID and formula that shows Max of ORDER_DATE. I do not know how I can get the METHOD_OF_PMT for MAX of ORDER_DATE to show on CUSTOMER grouping. Please share your thought.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 3:30am
you can calculate the value of the max order date in the group header, then in the detail section, you can look at the order dates, and if it matches the max order date, store the value of the type of transaction in a global variable and then in the group footer, display the customer info and type of customer.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum