Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Running Totals - Summary - Totals by Formula Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
fgoitre
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Sep 2010
Location: Italy
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote fgoitre Replybullet Topic: Running Totals - Summary - Totals by Formula
     Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 11:01am
Hello,
 
I am working on report on which I have group by 1 cathegory for making a chart. Under this group I will like to show also some subtotals but only of the current month. I have used running totals and formulas but with the formulas the result was always 0 and with the running totals empty field.
IF I group also by month, I can use a summary but I really don't want to see the info divided by month.
Do you know how can I obtain this subtotals inside the groups?
Thanks in advance.
 
Felipe
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 6:19am
please explain further
IP IP Logged
fgoitre
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Sep 2010
Location: Italy
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote fgoitre Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 8:45am

I have tried to put a running total that give me the count of SQ's, evaluating with formula: if year({SQ.date})=2010 and month({SQ.date})

and reseting on group change but the result is always empty.
I have also tried to do this with a formula but the result is 0.
 
I have tried also to move to the "header" section the running total and the formula but no results.
 
On this report, I want to show the delivery performance of SQ's.
I have created the following formulas:
 
Lead Time:
DateTimeVar h1 := {'SQ_database_'.Request date};
DateTimeVar h2 := {'SQ_database_'.SQ date};
DateDiff ("h", h1, h2) - DateDiff ("ww", h1, h2, crSaturday)*24 - DateDiff ("ww", h1, h2, crSunday)*24
 
Max Lead Time:
if {'SQ_database_'.SQ type}=1 then 48 else
if {'SQ_database_'.SQ type}=2 then 48 else
if {'SQ_database_'.SQ type}=3 then 96 else
if {'SQ_database_'.SQ type}=4 then 240
 
SQ Status:
if {@lead time}>{@Max SQ lead time} then "Delay" else "On Time"
 
For each SQ type (group section), I want to show a chart with the % values of SQ's "delayed" and "On time" divided by month (already done); Other chart with the SQ's performed of each type divided by month (already done) and a table with the last month results (qty of SQ's, Min lead time, Max lead time, average Lead time, etc)
I hope now is more clear what I want to do.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 9:56am
still not exactly sure of your design but one criteria you could use in your evalaution formula for a RT woud be:
{SQ.date} in MonthToDate
IP IP Logged
fgoitre
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Sep 2010
Location: Italy
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote fgoitre Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 11:05am
I have use on the evaluation formula:
Month ({SQ.date})=?Month   //Parameter
 
I have also tries to use on the evaluation formula:
Month ({SQ.date})=09 
 
also: {SQ.date} in monthtodate
also: {SQ.date} in lastfullmonth
 
result is always 0
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 11:20am
are you using a Crystal Running Total or are you using a chared variable formula that you are calling a Running Total?
Once defined please show eitehr all 3 of the variable formulas
 or
the entire RT design.


Edited by DBlank - 20 Oct 2010 at 11:21am
IP IP Logged
fgoitre
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Sep 2010
Location: Italy
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote fgoitre Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 11:41am
I am using a crystal running total.
 
The field to summarized is: SQ_number
Type of summary: count
 
Evaluate: using formula: {SQ_date} in lastfullmonth
 
Reset: on change group: SQ_type
 
 
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 3:44am
are you placing the Running Totals in the group footer or group header header?
If you place a RT in a header it will only show you the evaluation of the first record of that group, not the total of the group. RTs must be placed in the details section to view row by row changes or in footers to show totals.
IP IP Logged
fgoitre
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Sep 2010
Location: Italy
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote fgoitre Replybullet Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 6:16am
Thank you very much!!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum