Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Extract Data from field based on certain Character Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
stuaz87
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Oct 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote stuaz87 Replybullet Topic: Extract Data from field based on certain Character
     Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 1:56am
Hi,

I am trying to do a selection formula that looks like:

(isnull({CONTACT2.UTSNEXTUP})) and
(isnull({CONTACT2.UTSPRINT})) and
(isnull({CONTACT2.UTSCOLOUR})) and
(isnull({CONTACT2.UTSBLACK})) and
not ({CONTACT1.SOURCE} like "VALE MACH%") and
{CONTACT2.UREGION} = "20" and
NOT (isnull({CONTACT2.ULASTMEET}))

What I also need to do is strip a field which holds data like:

stuaz87 *AREA*
stuaz87 *NOM*
bob87 *AREA
bob87 *NOM*

I need the field to be displayed on the report as just stuaz87.

With that I can then subtotal and break on 'stuaz87' and 'bob87'.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum