Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Referencing the result of a running total field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
grecianite
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote grecianite Replybullet Topic: Referencing the result of a running total field
     Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 3:15am
Hi,
 
Novice user simple question again!
 
I'm using a Running Total Field which returns the highest number in my table and this works fine (using Maximum).
 
From another table, I wish to show the date of this highest return, but I cannot work out how to do this?
 
For example, between 30th June and 31st July, my highest price was 425 and my report shows this.  The price was achieved on 15th July, my question is, how can I get Crystal to show this date in my report?
 
Thanks loads in anticipation for any help here.
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 432
Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 9:53am
I am not sure what you are need from the running total.If you simply want the highest price and information related to it, I would suggest using a command object and placing the SQL Query for the highest price.
 
Something like this  "Select * from tablename where max(fieldname)" You will have to clean up the statement. The command object will return the data and you can place the result anywhere you want on the report and use that field and related data as needed.
 
If you are looking for something else then I have misunderstood the question. I hope this is of some help.
 
Regards.
 
John W.
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum