Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Multipage assessment report, need guidance Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dnunley
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Oct 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote dnunley Replybullet Topic: Multipage assessment report, need guidance
     Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 5:15am

Hello all,

This is my first post but I have frequented the forums for some time. The project I'm working on right now has me a little stumped and am looking for some input on how to get the report started.

I have a database with a user table [id, name] and 4 tables for different types of exams the users take. Each exam table (exam1, exam2, exam3, exam4) has fields [userid, date taken, score]. The report would print the user id, name and list the exam information for that user, but I would like each page to be a different user (such as an individual user assessment report).

I would just like some ideas on how I should set up the sections and grouping to acheive this. Thanks in advance for the input!


 - D
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 6:48am
group by the user, and put a new page before...section expert.
 
in the x-1:
Not OnFirstRecord
 
the rest, outer joins to the exam tables on the user id so that you will always get a result even if the user has not taken all the exams.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
dnunley
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Oct 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote dnunley Replybullet Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 3:22am
Thank you, this worked perfectly! Happy coding!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum