Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Start a Group with a Specific Value - Please Help Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kmbunz1
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Sep 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote kmbunz1 Replybullet Topic: Start a Group with a Specific Value - Please Help
     Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 12:22pm
I am creating a report with has the following data fields:

ID
Name
Program
Enter Date
Exit Date
 
I have a prompted parameter to pull anything from the Enter Date to the Exit Date.  I also have the report Grouped by ID Number

Each ID may have multiple entries with many different programs.  Especially if my parameters are for over a month.  So I may get some data like this:

001
001 - John C. - ARP - 7/1/2010 - 7/05/2010
001 - John C. - DTX - 7/06/2010 - 7/15/2010
001 - John C. - RHB - 7/16/2010 - 7/19/2010
001 - John C. - INT - 7/20/2010 - 7/31/2010
 
OR - some may just display with one field like this:

002
002 - Katie M. - RHB - 7/1/2010 - 7/15/2010

OR - some may display results like this with nothing related to the DTX Program:

003
003 - Doug H. - RHB - 7/1/2010 - 7/7/2010
003 - Doug H.- ARP - 7/8/2010 - 7/12/2010
003 - Doug H. - INT - 7/13/2010 - 7/15/2010
003 - Doug H. - BCB - 7/16/2010 - 7/19/2010
 
What I want my report to do is only pull the ID clients starting with the DTX value, and listing anything that have been entered after that date,  and if they dont have the DTX value at all, have them supressed.  So from the data I provided above, I would get results like these below:

001
001 - John C. - DTX - 7/06/2010 - 7/15/2010
001 - John C. - RHB - 7/16/2010 - 7/19/2010
001 - John C. - INT - 7/20/2010 - 7/31/2010
 
Any ideas?


Edited by kmbunz1 - 29 Sep 2010 at 5:47pm
Thanks in Advance!
Using Crystal Reports XI
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum