Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crosstab Query Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
CaptainCrystal
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Sep 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote CaptainCrystal Replybullet Topic: Crosstab Query
     Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 9:54pm
Hi,

I'm new to Crystal Reports (using 8.5, I know it's not listed in the forum but hope you can help), having used Business Objects in the past. 

I'm trying to create a crosstab that shows different teams within the IT department in the rows, and in the columns I would like to have the length of  time that currently open support requests have been open (<1 week, >1 week and <1 month, >1 month and <3 months, > 3 months and the total).  The summed data will be the number of support requests. 

Is it possible to accomplish this, first of all, and if so, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I would do it please?

Thanks in advance,
Derek
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 4:12am
create a formula to get your date groupings
create the CT with IT team field as your Row, the above 'date groupings' formula field as your Columns and a DistinctCount of a PrimaryKey field as your Summarized Field


Edited by DBlank - 27 Sep 2010 at 4:13am
IP IP Logged
CaptainCrystal
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Sep 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote CaptainCrystal Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 10:16pm
Thanks DBlank, I'll give that a try.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum