Joined: 19 May 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Topic: vLookup alternative in Crystal Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 5:40am
Hello,
I am writing a comprehensive staff report for my organization. Everyone who gets a paycheck is on this list. I have the following fields: Employee ID Employee Name Reports to ID
I need to generate the reports to name. The reports to id is identical to an employee id, which corresponds to a name. I want crystal reports to look at those two fields to determine who someone reports to. In excel, it would be a vlookup. Is there a way to do this in Crystal??
An if then else statement won't work because there are so many names and they change on a regular basis. I do not have access to edit this query (don't you love red tape) so I can't just have it pull the reports to name.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum