Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Problem Returning Data Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Grifter
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Quote Grifter Replybullet Topic: Problem Returning Data
     Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 3:11am
Hi

I have a report that displays a set of generated numbers, these numbers being generated by a function, and this function is called by a procedure. I am using this procedure as the data source for my report.

Because I am using a procedure and not a view, when I created the report it is asking me to set the values of the parameters in the procedure (a start and end number) but i tick set to null, although when I actually run the report in CR it asks me for the number range, I put them in and it runs ok and shows correct data.

I can run the report as print previewer but when I upload the report to our VB app it crashes out with a windows error and i'm not sure why.

I'm not sure if it is something to do with the function returning a table variable rather than seperate rows, to be honest I do not know. All I know is it runs in the CR app ok but in VB app it causes windows system error and asks if I want to send error report, then it shuts down.

Maybe someone has had a similar problem and can lend me some advice or someone knows the ins and outs of displaying a table variable from a sql server function in CR?

Thanks

G
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 3:22am
are you setting the parameter values in the VB app?  The report wants the parameters to be filled in.  Without that, it is probably throwing an error that is causing the crash.
 
Just a thought as my report push the dataset to the report, so parameters are a thing of the past (at least as far as CR is concerned...we call the stored procedure with the desired parameters and the push the results to the report)
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Grifter
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Quote Grifter Replybullet Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 3:31am
There is an option to do that in VB app and I can do this and then when I run it, it crashes out.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 3:24am
so you populate the parameters in code and then run the application and it crashes?
 
Something is wrong.  If the report runs fine in the CR IDE, then it is in your code.  Since I don't use CR that way, I am not an expert in the syntax...you might want to check more references on the web.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum