Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Need to conditionally sum records in order Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
redbar0n11
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 29 Jul 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote redbar0n11 Replybullet Topic: Need to conditionally sum records in order
     Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 1:17pm
Ok, so we are a call center, and have recently figured out a way to channel all of our call records into a DB. I am now creating reports to do call look ups, Rep stats, call logs, etc. However, I am running into an issue with one certain report. Under certain repeatable conditions, call records get split. If a call comes in on the front desk, and then it's picked up by a rep, the call record stays logged under the front desk, and doesnt transfer to the Rep's log. (Basically the extention on the record stays the front desk, but there are ways to trace where the call went to give the Rep credit -- and that's what I'm trying to do)

So, all the data funnels into the DB as it comes in. No sorting whatsoever. So in essence, they are "sorted" by their time stamp.

I have the logic worked out to do what I need to, I just don't know the formula functions to accomplish it.

So say record #1 is an incoming call to the front desk (ext. 200). They tell the rep at Ext. 250 to pickup Line 1. The rep picks up the call and talks for 30 mins. Here's a synopsis of what the RAW DATA would look like:

(record #1) (extension 200) (Circuit ID=T00100101) (9:30:00am) (15s) (555-555-5555)
(record #2) (extension 250) (Circuit ID=T00100101) (9:30:15am) (30m) ***NO PHONE NUMBER***

The circuit ID (and a few other things) is how I can tell it's the same call, it's a phone line. Only one call can use it at a time. So when it hangs up, it's released as avail for the next rep.

SO, I need to figure out how to say formulaicly: When call is Incoming --> Sum(timestamp) from record #1 & #2 (which are almost never the next record in succession like that) AND totext(PhoneNumber from record #1)

I basically need to figure out how to tell it to analyze records IN ORDER, from top to bottom, UNTIL a certain requirement is met. --- Make Sense? Sorry so long. Just trying to cover all ?'s before they are asked :-) THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
IP IP Logged
redbar0n11
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 29 Jul 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote redbar0n11 Replybullet Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 6:20am
Anyone??
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum