Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Optional Parameters Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
pgiering
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Quote pgiering Replybullet Topic: Optional Parameters
     Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 10:27am
Hi,
 
I want to launch a report by either of two fields, so the user can request a data set by either date range or check number.
 
I have parameters set up for both, but when I try to launch the query it makes me define both parameters, even though my record filter is set up to select records with an or statement.
 
Is there a way I can allow the user to leave either parameter blank when lauhching?
 
Thanks,

Paul
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 11:59am
2008 version has optional params
earlier ones you have to have users enter something and then ignore these agreed upon options in your select statement (same as selecting all)
IP IP Logged
pgiering
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Quote pgiering Replybullet Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 12:14pm
Okay, thanks.  I'm using X, so I'll have to go with the latter.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum