Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Conditional Max Value Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
pgiering
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Quote pgiering Replybullet Topic: Conditional Max Value
     Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 11:43am
Hi,
 
Is there an easy way to return the maximum value of an object, based on evaluating another object?
 
Specifically, as I print a check register, each line should have its check number in one field, and then next to it I need to reference the last check number of that specific check run. 
 
All checks drafted on a particular run share the same date/time stamp, so I want to return the highest check number associated with a particular date/time stamp.
 
Thanks,
 
Paul
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 11:47am
you can do it by grouping and use the MAXIMUM at teh group level
or if you can place the result in the footer you can use an RT
field to summarize=check number
type=maximum
evaluate=for each record
reset=either on change of field (datetimes tamp)
or on change of group if you have that set up correctly.
IP IP Logged
pgiering
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Quote pgiering Replybullet Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 12:07pm
Okay, so I just tried the running total, as that made sense to me, but oddly enough, when I select Maximum, I actually get the first one in the series (same as if I put Minimum).  Not sure why that is, but I can't get it to work so I'm going to try the first method...
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum