Topic: Passing a string value into a subreport Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 10:25am
I am trying to pass a string value into a subreport for "select expert" record selection When I use a parameter no values are found. However if I exchange my parameter with a static value such as "Username" the records print fine.
I am using an ODBC(RDO) connection. It is an SQL Remedy Database. CR 9.2.3.1256 The parameters are linked to the subreport via subreport links.
In Main report {?Username} = String setup {?Username} = {@Name} {Pm-@name} is the parameter in the subreport.
Selection Expert formula below (Not Working)
{table.date} > {@Start Date} and {table.date} < {@Real End Date} and {table.Submitter} ="*{Pm-@Name}*" and {table.Type} = "Problem" and NOT({table.Log} LIKE "*{Pm-@Name}*") and {table.area} <> "Area"
Selection Expert formula below (Working) The only difference between this and above is that parameter field is replaced with a static value
{table.date} > {@Start Date} and
{table.date} < {@Real End Date} and
{table.Submitter} ="*User*" and
{table.Type} = "Problem" and
NOT({table.Log} LIKE "*User*") and
{table.area} <> "Area"
Good Suggestion. I had already thought of that. It is actually a copy paste. If I take the working formula and highlight "User" and just replace it with my parameter field no spaces are added/removed. It still does not work.
I do know that passing string values through subreports does work as i have another subreport that uses multiple parameters to select data and it works fine as well.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum