Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Report Defination in Crystal reports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
anu009
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Quote anu009 Replybullet Topic: Report Defination in Crystal reports
     Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 8:17am
Hi ALL
 
I want to export my report in report defination format and when i try doing that it shows a message The selected dlls will be installed before the export proceeds.On the click of ok the dialog box for downlaod appears for a sec and then disappears.I tried on my collegues machine it does download the dll and then they are able to save in report defination.
I am using Wondows 7 unlike them and the dialog box does not stand for a while on the screen for me to click ok and thus i am not able to save my reports in report defination format. Any idea what setting needs to be changed.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 10:30am

The Report Definition export format was probably set to "Install on First Use" when Crystal was installed.  Your best bet is going to be to do an update of your Crystal install and make sure that for EVERYTHING set to Install on First Use is either explicitly installed (if you think you might ever need it) or not installed (if you know you'll never use it.)

I HATE this "feature" in the default install for some software - I always do a custom install so that I can avoid it.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
anu009
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Quote anu009 Replybullet Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 10:34am
Thank you for the reply , But we followed the same steps on my collegues machine when we insatlled it for the first time and on her machine it does prompt for installing and mine it does show the window but then disapperas in a sec.
I hope you understand where i am coming from.


Edited by anu009 - 26 Aug 2010 at 10:34am
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 10:37am

But you're running Windows 7 and she is not.  This is not an issue with the Crystal software, it's an issue with the way the Installer software is handling Install on first use.  I suspect that the way the installer works with Windows 7 is actually causing the issue.  The ONLY way you're going to get around this is to update your install of Crystal to get rid of the items that are "Install on First Use".

 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
anu009
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Quote anu009 Replybullet Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 12:43pm
I reinstalled it and i chose custom instead of typical to force full installtion of export format.
Your suggestion worked , thanks so much.


Edited by anu009 - 26 Aug 2010 at 12:44pm
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum