Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic Parameters -- Custom Sorting Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
c16271
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 48
Quote c16271 Replybullet Topic: Dynamic Parameters -- Custom Sorting
     Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 5:28am
Product:     Crystal Report XI
Database:  Oracle 10g
Other:        SQL Navigator 6.2.1




Hello Everyone,

I created a dynamic parameter, whose list of values need to be sorted.

In efforts of overcoming this problem, I created a command, which I used to filter some of the values in the list of values.

However, as I proceeded to sort the return set in the command, the sort isn't working. Currently, I return 3-columns from the DB--but Crystal Reports only lets me sort by two, value or description.

Unfortunately, this isn't enough, as I need to sort by one more thing.

SQL Command Query:

SELECT period_name, period_num, period_year
  FROM gl.gl_periods
 WHERE period_set_name = 'SOMETHING'                                  --filter
ORDER BY period_year DESC, period_num DESC   --sorting (currently not working)



Output Needed (produced by query above through SQL Navigator):


DEC-10    12    2010
NOV-10    11    2010
OCT-10    10    2010
SEP-10    9     2010
AUG-10    8     2010
JUL-10    7     2010
JUN-10    6     2010
MAY-10    5     2010
APR-10    4     2010
MAR-10    3     2010
FEB-10    2     2010
JAN-10    1     2010
DEC-09    12    2009
NOV-09    11    2009
OCT-09    10    2009
SEP-09    9     2009
AUG-09    8     2009
JUL-09    7     2009
JUN-09    6     2009
MAY-09    5     2009
APR-09    4     2009
MAR-09    3     2009
FEB-09    2     2009
JAN-09    1     2009

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum