Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Select Expert Concern relating to multiple tables Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
lawman
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote lawman Replybullet Topic: Select Expert Concern relating to multiple tables
     Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 1:58pm
Here is what I want to do:

I want to select expert:
Whileprintingrecords;
{bmprdstr_sql.comp_item_no} <> next ({bmprdstr_sql.comp_item_no})

So that i only return one line of data for each record.

But I get this error: The formula cannot be evaluated at the time specified.


The reason is so that it doesn't mess with the coding I have previously for the other lines of data I have already written that compiles subtotals from other linked tables.

What happens is the multiple lines on the BMPDSTR table creates multiple lines on the other tables that are not wanted. I just want a single line from that table and it doesn't matter which.


Edited by lawman - 23 Aug 2010 at 2:00pm
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 3:56pm
NEXT() cannot be used in the select expert.
If your duplicate data rows are completely duplicative in all fields you can use the report options to select distinct rows only
or
you will have to rewrite your summary formulas or Running Totals to evaluate data while ignoring the duplicate rows.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum