Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Exporting Box,Lines In Excel Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
razzak
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Mar 2010
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 34
Quote razzak Replybullet Topic: Exporting Box,Lines In Excel
     Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 6:31pm

Hi,

I have a crystal report with horizontal and vertical lines. When the report is exported to excel, the users want those lines to be displayed on the excel as well. But when I'm exporting the report, it is not displaying the lines. I can check the gridlines option while exporting but users want the lines to be exactly displayed on the excel export as well. is there any workaround for this. I dont want to put box on top of each field because of two reasons.

1. there are more than 100 fields across 4 sections with subreports.
2. If I put box around the field then the excel export is creating a extra row and column around the field.

I'm using CRXI and CR 2008 and I'm doing MS Excel(97 - 2003).

help would be appreciated.
Razzak Sayyed
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 3:22am
as far as I know, you don't have any real control over the export, regardless of target format.  CR will do what it wants and you have to work within those limitations.
 
Sorry couldn't be more upbeat
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum