Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crsytal2008-Cumulative summary crosstab report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
nilaray
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote nilaray Replybullet Topic: Crsytal2008-Cumulative summary crosstab report
     Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 10:17am
I am going crazy with getting this report to work.
I am new to CR, here is my requirement
 
 
Category| No. of calls as of Week1| No. as of Week2| No. as of Week3 |..
A               32                                    33                        33
B               6                                       7                          9
C               4                                      4                           5
D               70                                    71                         71
 
 
I am looking for a crosstab report in which the number of calls in week 1 for category A are total number of calls until the start of that week(which is a formula fld I have created).
Similarly for category B,C, D (I have 40 categories)
 
The summarized fld I am using is count of calls,but I always get the total number of calls in that week. I want the count of calls in the second week to be a number of calls in week1 + total number of calls in week 2 and similarly for the remaining weeks.
 
I tried using running total fld but it is not giving the right answer. How do i solve this??
 
 


Edited by nilaray - 11 Aug 2010 at 10:18am
IP IP Logged
MarcH
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Location: Netherlands
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote MarcH Replybullet Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 12:30pm
Hi Nilaray,
 
Do you already have a solution for this problem? I am having a similar problem with open issues per month.
 
Kind regards, Marc
IP IP Logged
nilaray
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote nilaray Replybullet Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 5:09am
Marc,
I was able to get a part of the report working using the running total value in the cross tab for every week. But the only issue I have is that if in a week there were no calls for a category then the count is 0.
I am unable to pass the value of the previous grid(row,column) in the crosstab to the next grid if the next grid's value is 0.
 
The basic idea is to first create a simple report, create groupings by month and use a running total fld that counts the number of open issues per month and reset the value whenever category changes.
Once your groupings are ready throw in a crosstab in the same report report and pull in the running total fld in the summarized flds of the crosstab, you will get the running total per month(remember to use "Summarise Horizontally").
see if it works for you.
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum