Joined: 23 Jan 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Topic: Toolbar help Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 6:26am
Just upgraded from CR XI to CR 2008. In CR XI, the Design / Preview tab bar had the 'refresh' icon and page numbers displayed by default on the right side of the bar. In CR 2008, I can't figure out how to have this show up on the tab bar? I tried dragging it from the toolbars, but it didn't work. Any ideas?
Joined: 20 Oct 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 9:52am
Hi
Could you please share how did you upgrade your crystal reports which is built in CR XI to upper version CR 2008.
Did you used any converstion ( or) migration (or )upgrade tool .We have decent count of Crystal Reports to be upgraded to CR 2008 (It uses Prompts developed out of Business View Manager) .The Reports are built of Universes , Personal Data Provider.
Joined: 20 Oct 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 10:38am
Thanks for your reply.
You mean , you installed the Crystal Report 2008 in your machine and you started working(view the old CR XI report) directly . If so, do you find any changes in calculation ,formatting any issues in the report after opening the reports in CR 2008
Joined: 23 Jan 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 10:53am
I installed CR 2008 right over CR XI. I use CR 2008 100% of the time now. When I was using CR XI, by default there's a 'Refresh' icon in the in the toolbar as well as in the Design / Preview tab bar. But in CR 2008 it's only in the toolbar. I wanted to ad it onto the tab bar but am unable to. It's not much of a big deal. I have been working around it.
Joined: 20 Oct 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 11:11am
Cool!!!
I understood that no need to convert the old version reports to new versions in CR through any tool , as we do in Business Objects. All I have to do is open the CR 2008 application and open the CR XI reports, work as normal.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum