Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How do I use the width formula? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
nix1016
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 40
Quote nix1016 Replybullet Topic: How do I use the width formula?
     Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 4:17pm
It's pretty simple really, all I want is a field to be Xcm in with if {@condition} = A and Ycm if {@condition} = B. In the condition next to Size & Position -> width, I put in:

if {@condition} = A then X else if {@condition} = B then Y

But the field remains at the default width and doesn't seem to follow the condition, and I'm pretty sure the conditions are correct.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?


Edited by nix1016 - 09 Aug 2010 at 4:30pm
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 3:09am

2 things to remember when dealing with width/location.

1) the size is in twips, 1440 to the inch...you can do the math to convert to cm.
2) the number that you put in the formula is the amount that you want the cell to grow/shrink, not its final size.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
nix1016
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 40
Quote nix1016 Replybullet Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 8:41pm
Thanks for that, I had thought that it might be a grow/shrink thing and tried that by putting in what i wanted to grow in both cm and inches which didn't make any difference since it's in twips. First time I heard of the term! Why do they have to make it so complicated! Anyway, it works now! Cheers.

Edited by nix1016 - 10 Aug 2010 at 8:42pm
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum