Thanks for the reply.
The suggested SQL instruction would only show one record, correct? The auto.makers record that has a multiple.cost in 2010.
I want to show records from auto.makers even if they don't have a cost or record in 2010.
I tried using a SQL command object and that worked almost perfectly. I was able to filter the Multiple.Cost table on year 2010 records and then left joining the tables. The problem is that the report that I am trying to make is used on several databases and it seems the command object does not change as need.
Using a subreport works also, it seems I would need to get the variable needed from the subreport.
Using a SQL Expression picked the correct cost up but somehow repeated records depending on how many records the multiple.cost has.
What I am trying to figure out using Crystal Reports XI, what is the common way to pick and choose information from a secondary table.
Thanks