Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: single value from a date range Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
CarlK
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote CarlK Replybullet Topic: single value from a date range
     Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 6:29pm
I am very new to this sort of thing and not sure if this is simple, difficult, or even possible but I've been scanning for information for two days straight and haven't been able to get what I want.
 
I have a table where i want to report one quantity sum for a range of dates per item number.
 
For example this is what I have
Item                    Quantity             Date
1                          5                        Jan 1
1                          10                      Feb 5
1                          12                      Feb 10
2                          20                      Feb 8
2                          25                      Mar 6
 
I want to be able to input a date range say Feb 2 to Mar 1 and get these results
Item                    "new field"
1                          22
2                          20
 
 
Any help would be very appreciated, thank you. 
 
If it matters at all this information is being pulled from tables in Great Plains.
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 8:20am
First an input parameter would be used to filter the data (by date).  Then grouping by item number (hide GH, and details).  Put a running total or summary total in the GF that sums the quantity.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum