Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Total Periods Without Detail Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
CMEPCMEP
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 26 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote CMEPCMEP Replybullet Topic: Total Periods Without Detail
     Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 5:44am
Hey There! I'm working in V11.5 (and Mas90).  I need data that's older than the previous year.  One total for the year for each item number (sales, receipts, whatever).  That being, it appears that you have to sum the individual periods or twelve months.  They already have totals for the current year and previous year but not anything older.  I did a formula and I have the total.  The problem is it duplicating the line for as many periods had activity.  I suppressed them but now they're still in my summary.
 
So I guess my first question is if anyone knows how to obtain the sum of the periods without the additional lines printing.  That would be best.
 
Or, the alternate I guess, how not to include suppressed data in the totals.
 
From researching, I think both of these are common issues, particularly the latter, but I can't find the answer or maybe didn't understand it.  I'm new at Crystal and an accountant, not in IT.  I have been struggling with this report for months now.  So I have limitations.  Maybe someone would be kind enough to slowly walk me through a thing or two.  Any input would be immensely welcomed.  Many thanks in advance.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum