Joined: 28 Aug 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Topic: Crystal TrimLeft Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 11:28am
I have two parameter fields used to pull in a range of check numbers. The field name is {PLPPV.PVPREF} it’s an 18 char long, right justified string. When I’m prompted for the check numbers range, I have to space 12 times and then key in the last six digits of the check number in order for the report to pull in data otherwise the report is blank.How do I trim any leading spaces so that I can key in only the six digits and still come back with the results?
PS the check numbers may vary in size and could be less or more the six but the field is always 18 char. long. Using CRXI
Joined: 28 Aug 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 12:26pm
You are now officially my hero!! That worked beautifully.
Thank you so very much for your help and in such a timely manner.
I'm new to all of this and tend to over think things. If you never use the IN what would you use? that just defaulted in when I selected the between from the select expert.
Joined: 28 Aug 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 12:46pm
Another quick question; what if the check numbers are 7 or 8 char. long will this formula still apply? I have six companies and some check numbers maybe higher.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 1:25pm
it will always use the length of the check and then pad on the spaces up to to a totla of 18 charachters so it should be fine as long as it is always looking for 18 characters
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum