Topic: Parameter Group Subreport Posted: 25 Jul 2007 at 9:33am
I have a report with 3 parameters eg. County, Town, Street, I want to group by County and Town and show a list of details within a subreport for each street. I can't seem to get the data to display correctly. I want Kildare Lexilip Street 1 Street 2 Street 2 Street 3 What I'm getting is Kildare Lexilip Street 1 Kildare Lexilip Street 2 Street 2 Kildare Lexilip Street 3
Thanks for the info but I need to use a subreport as I'm displaying two different sets of unrelated information about the street. A better example of the results I need is
Kildare Lexilip Houses Street 1 Street 2 Street 2 Street 3 People Street 1 Street 2 Street 2 Street 3
So if I group by street I won't get the above I'll get Kildare Lexilip Houses Street 1 People Street 1 Houses Street 2 Street 2 People Street 2 Street 2
if I remove the street from the subreport link the data looks correct but then when I fill in the parameter for street it doesn't bring up the correct data i.e. ignores the parameter
Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 432
Posted: 25 Jul 2007 at 1:01pm
Well given your last post what I suggested in not a solution.
It appears as if you have two subreports one for house by street and people by street. Is that true? It appears the relationship is tied to the street.
What is the link to the house and people in each city; the street name or does a street have an id? Or, is it something else? It will help me as I think about the design.
John Thanks for your help. sorry been really busy and disn't get a chance to post. I've managed to workaround the problem and have got it working without using SubReports. I placed another column in the view to my tables called Type - which is either House or People - I was then able to group by type in the main report and avoid using the subreport.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum