Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Repeating Problems Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Kite
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Kite Replybullet Topic: Repeating Problems
     Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 4:40am
I'm having a difficult problem and I'm not sure how to solve it.
 
I have a list of orders with items and each item has a handful of details.  So a report looks like...
1001,001,item1,detailline1
1001,001,item1,detailline2
1001,001,item1,detailline3
1001,002,item2,detailline1
1001,002,item2,detailline2
etc.
 
But I'm looking to get those detail lines to go more like this...
1001,001,item1,detailline1,detailline2,detailline3
 
The detailline is a "description" field and I could use the selection expert to pick which from the sequence number field "1,2,3" but then I only get one description line, otherwise they pile down making the order number(1001), line item number(001) and item duplicate to match up.  Of course I'm using a simple example here... my report is similar just with more fields.
 
Anybody got a clue as to how I can have the details lines/description lines stand shoulder to shoulder?  I'd deeply appreciate it.
 
 


Edited by Kite - 20 Jul 2010 at 4:46am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 3:41am
variables....
since it seems to change at the item level, I would have a group based on item.
in the gh header reset the variable:
shared stringvar desc :=""
""//hides the reset
 
in the detail band (suppressed)
shared stringvar desc:= desc + ", " + {table.detailline};
//you can add a many columns in the record as you want here(if there is more than 1)
 
in the gf
shared stringvar desc;
mid(desc, 3)  //trim off the leading ", "
 
HTH
 
IP IP Logged
Kite
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Kite Replybullet Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 3:48am
Thanks,
 
That's a pretty technical reply, but I'll do my best to implement it.  I just hope it comes out that way as a csv export as well.  Thanks again!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum