Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: CR is changing my Parameter datatypes Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
andrewh
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jul 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote andrewh Replybullet Topic: CR is changing my Parameter datatypes
     Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 4:24am

Hi All

I'm running CR Developer 11 R2, version 11.5.12.1838 (includes SP1-SP6) and CR is changing the datatypes of my parameters when the report is subsequently modified & Verified.

I'm creating lots of reports based on many Stored Procedures in SQL Server, many of the stored procedures have date ranges as parameters (defined as Date datatype).

When Reports are initially created all is well, CR identifies the parameters and sets them as datatype Date.  However if I add a field to the stored procedure and get the Report refreshed (either using Verify or using the Set Datasource method) then CR changes the data types of my date parameters to String.
This has happened on lots of reports and is easily reproducable yet I'm struggling to see this problem mentioned anywhere.

The funny thing is, if I update the stored procedure to use Datetime (instead of date) and Verify the report, CR identifies it correctly as Datetime but if change it back to Date in the stored procedure and Verify again CR idenitifies it as String.

This is infuriating - the process I've developed for running these reports relies on the parameter data types being right which i dont think is too much to ask for.

Clearly looks like a bug, but any fixes out there?

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum