Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Distinct Count Formula Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
keithrichards
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 31
Quote keithrichards Replybullet Topic: Distinct Count Formula
     Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 12:46pm
Hi there,
 
Just wonerding if anyone can assist with the correct syntax for this distinct count formula.
 
I would use a running total but due to all sorts of issues have decided to got thh formula road.
 
I'm basically trying to do a distinct count on a field called VIN which returns a result based on two date ranges.
 
DistinctCount ({VIN}) in ({DEL_DATE}) Date (2009,04,01) to Date (2009,04,30) 
 
Thanks in advance,
 
KR
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 3:43am
can't count like that, hence the Running Totals.
I have no idea why your formuals keep changing.
I gave you a process in your other post to verify first that you are using Crystal Running Totals and not variable formulas and how to create a RT version of your DistinctCount above.
Did you try that?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum