Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Problem with Tnsnames.ora - no such file Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
karko
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jul 2010
Location: Poland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote karko Replybullet Topic: Problem with Tnsnames.ora - no such file
     Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 1:18am
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and to CR. I use CR10 and ODBC driver Oracle in OraHome1 ...

As in topic. When trying to connect i get several errors. Each of them is about setting the Listner or to check TNSNAMES.ora. The problem is I do not have file named TNSNAMES.ora on my computer! Is this a part of some Oracle application? How do I obtain and use it?

Appreciate your help.

Best Regards, Simon.


Edited by karko - 06 Jul 2010 at 1:19am
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 5:13am
Do you have the Oracle client installed?  Oracle can be pretty picky about where the TNSNAMES.ora file belongs.  I am not an expert with Oracle, but it has caused us a few headaches.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum