Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: CR XI with Dynamic Param's and Stored Proc Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
RDCushing
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Jul 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote RDCushing Replybullet Topic: CR XI with Dynamic Param's and Stored Proc
     Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 5:37am
I am new to CR XI, and I just upgraded a report from CR X to XI. The report uses data returned from a MSSQL stored procedure (SP) that employs 5 parameters.

When launched from CR X, I can enter parameters FIRST, then CR executes the stored procedure. This is the way I WANT the report to work.

After converting the parameters to DYNAMIC in CR XI, CR wants to run the whole stored procedure BEFORE prompting me for parameter values on the returned data. Running the stored procedure for ALL DATA is a 12 or 13 minute process. Running the stored procedure with parameters might take 30 or 45 seconds.

What do I need to change to get this CR XI report to work like the CR X report but still using Dynamic Parameters with the SP?

Ideas?

Richard D. Cushing
http://www.GeeWhiz2ROI.com
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum