Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Date Calculations and Ranges Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
ashline
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote ashline Replybullet Topic: Date Calculations and Ranges
     Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 2:20pm
I have been doing some searching but havnt been able to find what I need.
 
I am trying to develop a trending report.  I would like the stats based on a column called timeClosed.  Which is a Date Time Field
 
I was hoping to have one section called last year in which it calculates what year is last year then do summaries and calculations on different things. 
 
Then after the last year section I wanted to have a section that was the last full month followed by the month before that and so on untill it list the past 12 minths of data.
 
Any help or guidence would be great
 
 
 
IP IP Logged
Emir_W
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 228
Quote Emir_W Replybullet Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 11:37pm
Correct me if I'm wrong.

if you need to print data from last year, data from last month and year to date within one page (or not) by using date-time parameter then you need a stored procedure (in sql) and use it in Crystal report (CR).

within CR you can format the report as you wish (cross-tab, list, etc.).
 
 
 
hope it help.
 


Edited by Emir_W - 19 Jun 2010 at 11:38pm
Emir W
IP IP Logged
ashline
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote ashline Replybullet Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 11:10am
Let me ask a more basic question.  I have 4 years worth of data coming to my report.  The data is calls that a service desk as taken in.  I know how to do a formula to count how many calls have been logged the past four years, but I would like to limit what the formula or summary sees .

one formula that only counts if the date closed was in last years.
 
The other formula I need to calculate the total for last month
 
So I cant just filter for 2009 only.
 
I only have ready only access to the data base and creating a stored procedure on the data base isnt something that would be possible.
 
I was looking at creating a running total fields thinking there was some way to use a formula in the evalute section to let me limit it to last year or last month but I havnt been able to figure this out.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum