Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Cross Tab/Select/Percentage Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bommer87
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote bommer87 Replybullet Topic: Cross Tab/Select/Percentage
     Posted: 18 Jul 2007 at 9:58pm
I am fairly new to crystal so this may be a stupid question. 
 
Lets say you have a table with race cars, color of car and finish times. I want to do a cross tab that groups by time let say for example 0-2mins, 2-4 mins, and 4+mins(group order). And also groups by car color. I want to exclude all blue cars (using select statement now). That part I have gotten to work. The problem is at the bottom I want to show percentages of the whole. So 0-2 mins 5 cars finished and there were 10 races(including the blue cars) I want 50%. Problem is I selected out the blue cars already. Anyone have any suggestions. (This is just an example will apply to work project)
John
IP IP Logged
themessenger
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 48
Quote themessenger Replybullet Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 1:54am
There are no stupid questions - only stupid answers.

Create forumla to summarise the time ranges. 

The easiest way to calc the percentage is to feed in the total number of racers in from the database possibly using a sub-query.  That way you can exclude your blue racers but the report knows that there were 10 running from the Max({TotalRunners}).

Hope this helps.

theMessenger
Managing Director
www.allmymenus.com
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum