Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Looking up values Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jrhodes
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote jrhodes Replybullet Topic: Looking up values
     Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 4:45pm
I have two tables: A Projects Table and a Statuses Table.

The Projects Table has a field called "Progress Status" and "Completion Status" both are numbers that relate to the unique ID of the Status in the Statuses Table. In the database I work on the Statuses Table holds all the statuses used throughout the database.

What I want to be able to do is display "Statuses.Description" based on the value in "Projects.Progress Status" or "Projects.Completion Status". How can I do this in Crystal?

I can link "Project.Progress Status" to "Statuses.Status ID" and drag "Statuses.Description" into the report. But as soon as I connect "Project.Completion Status" to "Statuses.StatusID" this does stops working.

If this was excel effectively what I'm doing is a vlookup.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 2:12am
Hi,
When you say this does stops working does it mean no data is displayed in the report if yes then their must be join problem. please can you explain a bit more by posting some sample data and what needs to be displayed in the report.
cheers
Rahul
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum