Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Special formatting for cross-tab data. Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
pitonyak
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 May 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote pitonyak Replybullet Topic: Special formatting for cross-tab data.
     Posted: 25 May 2010 at 8:34am
My DB has a field containing the transit time in minutes. My desire is for smart formatting of the values such as "3 days 1 minute" or "1 hour 5 minutes". I achieved an OK representation using SQL Expression fields, and perfect formatting using Formula Fields.

  1. For detail data, I a Formula field to format the values.
  2. For group summary footers and the report footer, I again used a formula field to format values obtained using Average(<total_minutes_field>, <group_field>).
  3. For cross-tab values I am stumped.
Any ideas are appreciated.



Edited by pitonyak - 25 May 2010 at 8:35am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum