Joined: 25 May 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: suppression problem! Posted: 25 May 2010 at 5:32am
Hi everyone,
I'm using a SQL database for a medical clinic and I’ve put together a Crystal Report that shows the following things on a single line:
Patient’s Name
# of times COMPPHYSICAL has been populated for that patient
# of times HEMOCCULT has been populated for that patient
# of times FECALGLOBIN2 has been populated for that patient
# of times IFOBT has been populated for that patient
Being the Crystal Report amateur that I am, it’s pretty miraculous that
I’ve gotten as far as I have. OF COURSE, I’ve now run into a problem:
I want to suppress all entries where:
# of physicals is less than 3 AND
# of HEMOCCULT is greater than 0 AND
# of FECALGLOBIN2 is greater than 0 AND
# of IFOBT is greater than 0
…thus displaying all patients who have had 3 or more physicals but have never been screened for colon cancer.
So, in the “Section Expert” I suppress using a formula based on my running total:
{#physcount}<3
This works great! It suppresses all patients who have had fewer than 3 physicals.
So then I change that formula to read:
{#physcount}<3 and {#hemcount}>0
This appears to negate all suppression and all entries are once again displayed.
“{#physcount}<3 and {#hemcount}>0 and {#fecalcount}>0 and
{#ifobtcount}>0” is what I want, but I can’t get it to work.
What am I not doing right? Is my syntax wrong? Am I going about trying to suppress the wrong way?
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 25 May 2010 at 5:52am
1.In the suppression formula field try there is an option for how to handle NULLS. Try and change this to 'Default Values For Nulls'
2. Running Totals only function for totals in footers. I assume you are grouping on patient ID (or name). Are all of your RTs in the group footer and are you suppressing teh group footer or are you trying to suppress the header?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum