Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Counting non-suppressed records Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
cromero
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Jan 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote cromero Replybullet Topic: Counting non-suppressed records
     Posted: 20 May 2010 at 7:25am

Hi all.  I have an issue with Crystal on how I can have a count of detail records.

I currently have a suppression criteria for detail records (such as suppress the record if all my various amount fields are 0).  I'm not having a problem suppressing those records, I'm having a problem counting the records that are not suppressed.
 
I've tried placing a counter formula in the detail section but the suppressed records are still being counted.  Also tried a running total and it counts the suppressed records as well.
 
If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!


Edited by cromero - 20 May 2010 at 7:26am
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 24 May 2010 at 9:50am
Suppressing fields does not remove the field, it just hides it from being seen.  Create a running total that evaluates on the opposite of the condition you are using to suppress (it appears that you would want to evaluate when all amount fields are non-zero).
 
I hope this helps.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum