Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Export to Excel Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
sabarnett
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote sabarnett Replybullet Topic: Export to Excel
     Posted: 13 May 2010 at 11:42pm
Sadly, I'm working with a Crystal reports version 8.5 system that has a problem. When I export a report from the viewer that is showing values using the £ (GBP) symbol the Excel shreadsheet gets filled in with $ (Dollar) signs.
 
This is a known problem and we've had a solution fo a number of years - ship the CR7 export dll. Problem is, with Office 2010, this old DLL generates an error in Excel. So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place - put up with the error message or put up with dollar signs. Neither is acceptable.
 
So, does any one know if there is still a u2fxls.dll shipped with CR 9, whether it would work with CR8.5 and whether the export problem was fixed?
 
If it's fixed in CR9, then I can start trying to get a version so I can get the export dll and try it with 8.5. I'm sure one of my old versions of Visual Studio would have CR9 on it.
 
Thanks
Steve
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum