Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Previous Running Total Value Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
JaysonX
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 May 2010
Location: Philippines
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote JaysonX Replybullet Topic: Previous Running Total Value
     Posted: 13 May 2010 at 1:56am
Hi Guys,
 
Is there anyone there know how can I get the previous running total value to put in group.
 
Ex.  group Date    Amount       RunningTotal      Previous RunningTotal
      07/01/2010        0                    0                              0 
      07/02/2010        5                    5                              0 
      07/03/2010        6                    11                            5
      07/04/2010        10                  21                            11
 
 
Thanks..


Edited by JaysonX - 13 May 2010 at 2:00am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 13 May 2010 at 3:30am
I am not sure about a running total, as I don't use them too often, but since they are something that can be displayed....
 
in the location where you print the running total, I would create a second section of (probably) the group footer and suppress it, then I would create a formula like:
shared numbervar lastRT:= (whatever the notation is for a running total);
 
then in the 'upper' group footer section (probably) add another formula that is just:
shared numbervar lastRT
 
that should give the previous total.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum