Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: selecting blank or empty cells Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Author Message
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 11:42am
Yep. I do that frequently as my org does a lot of exception reports so I fell I like I spend more time looking for data that is not there than data that is.
 
Since you see the blank  cells let's go to the next step,
You go into the select expert
show formula
formula editor
change your exceptions for Nulls to Use Defaults for Nulls and add in
trim({table.po#field}) = ""
Did that work?
 
IP IP Logged
GLWalker
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote GLWalker Replybullet Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 11:50am

Hey - It worked!

DBlank - you're a Genious!
Man, thanks alot for your help!
I really appreciate it.
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 11:53am

This likely means the field had an actual space (or multiple spaces) inserted in it instead of just an empty string.

If you want to verify remove the TRIM ( ) from your select statement and if it stops working that was the issue.


Edited by DBlank - 20 Apr 2010 at 11:53am
IP IP Logged
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum