Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Defining bar colour in stacked bar chart Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Author Message
merlot
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 07 Dec 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote merlot Replybullet Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 12:48pm
I have considered a gantt but there are two  issues for me.
 
1. Since the elements would be displaced sideways I would be able to diplay a full month on one page. I operate the chart in horizontal mode and can display 31 days beautifully.
2. I am trying to match visually the display of similar data from a different package so that the client will be able to compare.
 
I find it strange that it is not possible to change the colour  based on data in another field or table since it would be very useful in many situations.
Strangly you can modify the chart border & background based on formula and other data. In my mind a rarely required function.
 
I think I will add this feature to the future updates section.
 
thanks for the help, if you think of a solution please post it.
 
merlot 
 
Crystal Reports beginner
IP IP Logged
merlot
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 07 Dec 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote merlot Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 7:58am
I have found a way round the problem by defining the fields into blocks of 5, (there are 5 different event types) by highlighting each block with each of the colours.
I need 5 fields for headers & dates etc leaving 250 fields, divided by 5 gives me 50 fields of data. I need a minimum of 90 so is there anyway of making CR accept more than 255 fields in a chart?
 
O'h I looked a a gantt chart but this is limited to 2 variable data types and I need 5.
 
 
Crystal Reports beginner
IP IP Logged
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum