Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Formula Problem and summing the final product. Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Author Message
jruotolo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote jruotolo Replybullet Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 9:00am
I have been able to get the correct Sum that I needed.  I didnt use the complete Solution DBlank provided. I did not need the first Running Total and I had to add more to the formula in the  2nd Running Total.  In the formula I had to include Previous(fileID) <> FileID.  So the formula on the Running total distinct count of FileID is

(Isnull({vw_MF_All_2010_Liable_Files.Amount}) or {vw_MF_All_2010_Liable_Files.Amount} = 0.00) and
previous({vw_MF_All_2010_Liable_Files.FileID}) <> {vw_MF_All_2010_Liable_Files.FileID}

Using just the first part of this formula counted even those FileID's where there were more than one row for that FileID.  I did not need to use the first running total. 

I created one formula called Sum of 0.00 trans that took the Running Total count * 600.

Then the final Sum formula was this
{@Sum of 0.00 Trans} + Sum ({vw_MF_All_2010_Liable_Files.Amount})

Without your insight and Assistance DBlank I might never have come up with the final solution.  You got me headed in the right direction and I really appreciate that help.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 9:03am
Glad you got it working and thanks for sharing the final working process!
 
Thumbs%20Up
IP IP Logged
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum