Hey Kemi,
I just got back onto the forums and saw your post... it caught my interest
(I love puzzles hehe)
From this last post you gave describing your report... I don't believe you can get your sub#1's shared variables to sub#2... if it's not linked at all...
You need to pass data from the main report to a sub-report via linking.
At least that's what i've found threw all my expierence...
What i believe you CAN do... is you can go into the Change subreport links; put in that variable... but make sure that the "Select data in subreport based on field" is NOT CHECKED.
Now if you go into the subreport. you can make another variable and set it := to the
{?Pm-@sharedvar} (w.e you named it) which can also be passed back to the main report if need be.
This should not take away your June and July. Since you're not actually selecting data based off of it... only adding data basically....
I'm not exactly sure about how the Drilldowns will work... But that should pass you you're data from sub1 to sub2....