Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 9:18am
Yeah. I had just updated 11 of those reports with new fields from the SP. They all worked. When I got to this one, I noticed there was no SP. So I added it same as the previous reports. Same server, same DB, same username (sa), same password.
I just don't know what I could have possibly missed. I also can't figure out why it allows me to add the SP in Database Expert without a problem. I save the report, and launch it from the web app with no problem. Then I go back to CR and add one of the SP fields onto the report design, save the report again, and then it dies when I launch it from the web app.
I can also reference one of the SP fields in a formula field. But as soon as I add that formula field onto the report design, it dies.
So it seems the SP can be in there, and it doesn't complain. As long as I'm not actually using any of the fields on the report design.
I'm at a loss.
Currently, I made a backup of the report, and am stripping it down... one piece at a time... until I get to nothing but the SP. Maybe that'll tell me where the conflict is.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 9:29am
Your description matches a join enforcement issue but since you are not having similar problems in the other reports I am not sure what to look for. Maybe someone else reading will chime in with a thought...
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum