Understood..I appreciate your patience.
Firstly let me say BINGO. That worked. Read the below only as an FYI if you're interested. THANK YOU SO MUCH for hanging with me on this. Going to go over it all in my head thoroughly so I'm sure I've ingested the concept you've shown me here.
1. Much (but not all) of the information pulled into our Crystal PO comes from our PO table (dbo.gpo) and this includes the vendor name, address, etc that you see at the top of the image I provided of a PO (Rockpool Children's Books LTD). Our production managers in creating the PO in the 3rd Party App add the "Vendor" among other things and that vendor's info is pulled behind the scenes from the dbo.vendor table to populate the po record in dbo.gpo.
They do NOT assign a Payee vendor in this process. Rather when a Vendor is first setup in this 3rd Party system there's an optional pop-up next to "Payee Vendor" that allows one to choose another vendor in the system to be the "Payee" vendor for that vendor.
So a vendor that during setup is assigned a "Payee" vendor get's a unique vendorkey (as all vendors) and gets a value in dbo.vendor.paytovendor which is the vendorkey of another vendor...the payee.
As this Crystal PO exists originally with no changes it populates the vendor info (see image) from the gpo.vendorname, gpo.vendoraddress, etc.
The dbo.vendor table itself is not in the original working copy of this crystal report. (Remember the gpo (PO) record that was generated in the 3rd party app grabbed vendor info from dbo.vendor behind the scenes to create the gpo record that includes the "primary" vendor info.
I thought I was trying to reference that vendorkey in the gpo record of a given PO in the newly added dbo.vendor table to see if it has a value in dbo.vendor.paytovendorkey and if it does then display the name, address, etc of that vendor. Remembering that the paytovendorkey will match with a vendorkey.