Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Formulas Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Author Message
takugian
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote takugian Replybullet Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by DBlank

your not quite explaining what the signals are. You stated they are "images" so we are going to assume you are using a file type of jpeg or something similar as the "image". You can insert multiple images into the Sign portion of the report and conditionally suppress them.


If your "image" is more like a WingDings font that you want to change colors that is different and you will need to clarify.


These "signs" are gif images. But I can use other format. The point is... I need to replace texts by images. The column "SIGN" can have four different values (Green, Yellow, Red, Black) and I have four different images that represent these words. In my table, I want to replace the WORD GREEN by GREEN IMAGE. Okay?

See the example of a image...



If I have in my table 500 rows, 250 with sign's value "green" then I will print 250 images of a green signal. Etc etc...

Thanks so much!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 4:03am
insert an image where you want to display it on the report canvas that you want to be the default image if the dynamic content does not work (like an "image not found" gif)
right click on the image
select Format Graphic option
select the Picture Tab
click ont he Graphic location formula button (x-2)
add your if-then statements here to point to each gif you want to use
//example
if table.sign="Green sign" then "C:\greensign.gif" else
if table.sign="Black sign" then "C:\blacksign.gif" else ...
 


Edited by DBlank - 23 Oct 2012 at 4:05am
IP IP Logged
takugian
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote takugian Replybullet Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by DBlank

insert an image where you want to display it on the report canvas that you want to be the default image if the dynamic content does not work (like an "image not found" gif)
right click on the image

select Format Graphic option

select the Picture Tab

click ont he Graphic location formula button (x-2)

add your if-then statements here to point to each gif you want to use

//example

if table.sign="Green sign" then "C:\greensign.gif" else

if table.sign="Black sign" then "C:\blacksign.gif" else ...

 


Yeah! It works perfectly! I just have to choose a right size of images, but I tested here and worked.

Now, I have a new doubt hehe

My boss wants a bad thing... He wants a field that accept imagens and/or texts. This field calls "RESULTS".

I think I could create two fields in the table, one for images and one for texts. When I insert a register, if I choose a image, the image's field is filled. If I write a text, the text'x field is filled. It's about BD.

If I did that, how could I do in the report? I have a table with many register, in the field "RESULTS" I can have images or a text, how could I do? I think I can create a formula that determine when print a image or a text...

The part about BD I accept sugestions too...

Thanks!!!
IP IP Logged
takugian
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote takugian Replybullet Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 5:43am
Can anybody help me?!

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum