Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How do I set a conditional field display in XI? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Author Message
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 6:30am

I assumed your were joining on the account number and since that was not in the GL it would be null for that outer join.

basically what I would do is place all of the fields on the detail row and then use those to figure out what values exist and don't (after your joins were applied). From there you should be able to tell which fields you can use to cue from. Likely something like this:
 
if isnull({pmf.pmf_display}) then
(
If table.pmf_id='AGG' then 'Aggr' else if table.pmf_id='CRN' then 'Crane'
)
else {pmf.pmf_display}


Edited by DBlank - 26 Jan 2012 at 6:31am
IP IP Logged
jeffnehman
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote jeffnehman Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 6:35am
I think that is what I said at 6:21 (whatever time zone that is, GMT, I assume).  But it may have just crossed before you saw it.  Then, I responded that it worked.  The downside is that it is is not dynamic in terms of if there are any other blanks, they will still display as blank (until I find them and put a clause in for them).  I was hoping to code it such that whenever the field was blank to use the group code. 

Regardless, I am happy and appreciate the help.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum