Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Changing colour horizontally Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Author Message
Goldberg
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Location: Portugal
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Quote Goldberg Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 11:13pm
I do have to use the crosstab though or it won't show the way I want...
I was thinking about alternating line colours because at some point I have something like this:




but oh well then..I'll just have to stick with a white bg colour.


Other thing I was also wondering was if you can make a text go automatically smaller if it doesn't fit in the box its in (i.e., the 1st subject is "Área de Integração" which only has 2 modules (1 and 2) so the box is small. Let's say the subject was called "Área de Integração na Comunidade Portuguesa": since the box is small, it would only show like  "Área de Integração na Comuni" and the rest would remain hidden.

Is it possible?

Thanks, guys



Edited by Goldberg - 16 Dec 2011 at 1:16am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 11:32am
you probably can, I have never tried it...
if you have an x-2 button next to the font size on the format object, then you can.
 
You would have to use the length of the field, which isn't always the 'same' due to true type fonts, but it is the best the CR can manage.
 
Again, I have never tried this, but at times I have thought about it....and then I think about how the report will look with different font sizes.... and I kindof stop thinking about it.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 12:06pm
Maybe this will help...
http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9192
IP IP Logged
Goldberg
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Location: Portugal
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Quote Goldberg Replybullet Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 5:03am
Well, yeah, if I meant to do subject by subject that would help, but there are tons of subjects and more to come... I was like looking for a "fit section" way...

Still thanks for your answer
IP IP Logged
cwyenberg
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote cwyenberg Replybullet Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 10:03am
Came across the following recently when searching for cross tab formatting. Pages 7 & 8 appear to address your need.

http://www.urbainczyk.de/juri/crosstabs_in_crystal_reports.pdf
IP IP Logged
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum